- Special Services
- Drug Take Back Programs
Drug Take Back Programs
Prescription Drug Disposal Box
The La Grange Park Police Department, in cooperation with the United States Department of Justice, hosts a Prescription Drug Disposal Box in the main lobby of the Village Hall. Unwanted pharmaceuticals may be safely disposed of by depositing them in the box. There is no charge for using this service, which is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Please follow these directives when using the drop box:
- No needles or sharps of any kind should be placed in the drop box.
- No liquids of any kind are accepted for this program. Please do not place in drop box.
- Place all pills in a sealed plastic storage bag.
- Do not include your name or identification on any bottles or boxes. All personal information should be removed.
- Please do not stuff large plastic grocery bags full of medications into the bin.
- No IV solution bags or equipment are accepted.
Drug Take Back Day
The Department also participates in National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, which aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications. These events are held twice a year; once on a Saturday in the Spring and again on another Saturday in the Fall, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Much like the use of the disposal box, residents can bring their bulk unused medications and prescription drugs for proper disposal.
Drug Take Back Days are co-sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Coalition for a Drug Free Lyons Township.