Garbage & Recycling Collection
The Village has contract with Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) to provide refuse and recycling services to all single-family and two-family properties in the community through a three day, all cart, service program. Details of the program are outlined below.
- All single–family and two-family households will receive refuse and recycling carts; residents have the option of using 35 gallon, 65 gallon or 95 gallon carts.
- Residents may mix and match cart sizes to meet household needs. The monthly fee is based on the chosen refuse cart size only.
- Stickers are required for extra garbage, yard waste, e-waste and bulk items.
- The Village is serviced on a three day schedule. Your service day is either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- Curbside electronics recycling is available (with stickers).
- Food waste and organics recycling is also available curbside (at an additional cost).
Wednesday (West) - All streets west of La Grange Road, including the west side of La Grange Road
Thursday (East) - All streets east of the IHB railroad tracks
Friday (Center) - All streets from La Grange Road east to the IHB railroad tracks, including the east side of La Grange Road
|Cart Size||Monthly Price|
|35 Gallon Refuse - Senior Rate||$8.75|
|35 Gallon Refuse - Non Senior Rate||$13.25|
|65 Gallon Refuse||$15.25|
|95 Gallon Refuse||$16.50|
|95 Gallon Landscape/Food Waste||$20.00|
When will I need stickers?
- Each bag/can of refuse that does not fit in your cart landscape/yard waste (per kraft bag or 35G can)
- 1 Small electronic item
- Bulk items too large to fit in your refuse cart
- White Goods
- Brown grocery bag of electronics
- Annual Clean Up Day (typically in October)