- Kelly Burns
- Mark Cohen
- Katie Conway
- Krista Grimm
- Kathy Johnson
- Joe Marino
- Donna Twickler, Chair
The Sustainability Commission was established by ordinance in 2009 and was formerly called the Cool Village Commission. The Commission makes recommendations on sustainable practices that lead to a reduction of the Village’s carbon footprint while promoting water conservation and the improvement of air, climate and water quality. More information on the role and responsibilities of the Commission may be found in their Charter document (PDF).
The Sustainability Commission sponsors a variety of annual events, including Earth Day programs, sustainable practice informational presentations, Native Bike Tour, a jack-o-lantern recycling event in October, used cooking oil recycling event in November, and holiday light recycling event. Residents and businesses are encouraged to submit their ideas for sustainable community practices and programs. Please email your ideas to Rick Radde.
2022 Video Contest Winning Entry "How can we reduce waste in La Grange Park? - Submitted by the Chomko Family
2021 Native Plant Tour - Missed the tour? Please take a moment to enjoy the photos highlighting the tour. Also included is a Garden Case Study.
Terrific Trees: Chosen Native Species - Please enjoy this presentation on Native Trees and learn about the benefits these bring to the community.
Zero Waste and Can I Do It? - Please enjoy this presentation on Zero Waste. Learn about what zero waste means and garner suggestions on changes you can make at home to set you on the path to a Zero Waste lifestyle.
The Sustainability Commission’s Guide to Recycling Opportunities - Avoiding the Landfill
The Sustainability Commission has compiled a list of places that recycle materials that aren’t easily recycled. The list is updated with new information as it becomes available. If you become aware of additional recycling opportunities, please feel free to share information not included in this document by e-mailing Rick Radde at email@example.com
Important Information: Coin Batteries Cause Devastating Injuries
Swallowed batteries burn through a child’s esophagus in just 2 hours, leading to surgery, months with feeding and breathing tubes, and even death.
About the size of a nickel, 20 mm, 3-volt lithium coin cells are the most hazardous as they are big enough to get stuck and burn faster.
Secure battery compartments and keep loose batteries away from children.