Updates will be made as they become available:
Construction Updates - Week Ending November 5, 2021
La Grange Road/31st Street Water Main Replacement: No work took place this week. The contractor stated that the new concrete apron leading to the north alley and the stamped concrete in the off-street parking area are scheduled to be installed on Monday.
Meadowcrest Road/Woodside Avenue Repaving Project: Lindahl completed grinding the top surface layer of the roadways today. Next week the Village's engineering team will determine locations that require full-depth patching, where the contractor will excavate down to stable soil and patch. This step should be completed next week. If time permits, the first level binder course of asphalt will get installed.
Nicor Gas Project (IHB to Kemman Avenue, between 31st Street & Oak Avenue):
Work completed (11/1 – 11/5)
- Inspected the entire work area to touch up anything outstanding or that needs attention.
- Finished backfill of all holes.
- Finished final pick-up and demobilization.
Nicor Gas Project (Monroe Avenue at Community Drive, Robinhood Lane, and Sherwood Road, and the 700 Block of Sherwood Road):
Work completed (11/1 – 11/5)
- Finished installation of new gas services from 709-740 Sherwood.
- Backfilled all service holes.
- Reconnected new gas services from 709-740 Sherwood.
- Installed new gas meters at the house at 709-740 Sherwood.
- Finished further work in the intersections of Monroe and Community, Monroe and Robinhood, and Monroe and Sherwood.
- Started backfill of intersections of Monroe and Community, Monroe and Robinhood, and Monroe and Sherwood.
NICOR Gas Project ( East of IHB to Kemman, between 31st and Oak)
Work Completed to date (10/11 – 10/15)
- Backfill Between Harding and 31st on Beach and Newberry
- Saw cut and remove sidewalk over existing utilities and core roadways to locate utility crossings on Kemman, between Harding and 31st Street, and Beach from Harding to Oak
- Directional drill gas pipe on Beach between Harding and Oak
- Excavation on Beach between Harding and Oak for directional drill
- Excavation on Oak for directional drill
Work Completed to date (10/18 – 10/22
- SPECIAL NOTICE – On October 22nd, the curb lane on westbound 31st and Beach is scheduled to be down to one lane during the day to install a portion of the new gas main.
- Backfill and complete hole on Beach and Harding
- Continue to spot utilities after sidewalk removal on Kemman between Harding and 31st
- Excavation of directional drill start and finish pits on Kemman between Harding and 31st
- Stage 6" gas pipe on Kemman in preparation of installation
- Directional drill 6" gas pipe on Kemman
- Saw cut on Kemman for a directional drill across Kemman
- Core all utilities in the roadway that will be crossed
- Backfill any holes not needed for tie-in's of newly installed main
- Backfill hole on Beach and Harding
- Connect any newly installed gas main to complete systems
- Air test newly installed gas pipe
NICOR Gas Project (On Monroe at Community, Robinhood and Sherwood, and the 700 block of Sherwood):
NICOR Gas is about to begin another Invest in Illinois Project in the south-central area of the community. The Village requires NICOR to expedite work at three intersections before the Village begins its Permeable Pavement Intersection project on Monroe at Community, Robinhood and Sherwood. Also included is the transfer of residential service onto an existing second gas main on the 700 block of Sherwood. NICOR will hand-deliver flyers to the affected residents on the 700 block of Sherwood and the four corners of the above intersections. More information on the start of the project will be available next week.