Updates will be made as they become available:
Construction Updates - Week Ending August 16, 2019
For a comprehensive list of updates, please click here.
- La Grange Road Update: IDOT’s contractor, K-Five, started placing down the surface course material on a small section of La Grange Road this week. The intersection of 31st and La Grange Road has been completed. K-Five canceled paving today with the probability of rain. Next week they will pick up where they left off and finish between Ogden and 31st by the mid week (weather pending). Following paving, striping of the roadway will take place. IDOT anticipates meeting a goal of completion by the end of the week.
- Sunnyside Sanitary Project Update: This past week, the contractor working on this project placed the smaller stone (CA6) along the entire roadway of Edgewood Lane and installed orange fencing to delineate a designated bike/pedestrian path. The smaller stone packs down well, creating a safer path for users. The contractor has begun installing the remaining 400 feet of pipe from the edge of the creek west towards the trail. Once this work is complete, a sub-contractor working for Alesio will install a liner in the existing sanitary sewer to the MWRD interceptor line. Once the lining is completed, restoration of the Jackson bike path extension and Edgewood Lane will commence.
- Raymond Water Main Replacement Update: Suburban General has completed installing the new water main up to 26th street. The new main passed pressure testing yesterday. This section will be chlorinated today, flushed on Monday and begin water sampling. After receiving successful sample results, service connections will follow along the remaining two blocks. Service transfers will take about two weeks to complete. The concrete restorations between 31st and 29th streets have been completed. Driveway aprons that are asphalt will be completed next week. Suburban General is scheduled to complete all street patches between 31st and 29th Street today.
- La Grange Road and 31st Water Main Replacement Update: No update to report this week.
- Upcoming Road Work Update: Lindahl completed installing the final surface course of asphalt on all roadways in Phase 1. Public Works has Superior Striping in today to install stop bars and crosswalks around the schools. The only remaining work that will need to be completed is turf restorations. Turf restoration will happen once the second phase is complete. Installing sod at this point in the summer will lessen the chance of survival. Nardulli provided a start date of September 3rd, 2019, for the second phase of the Road Program. They will begin on Beach then proceed to Oak and finally Ashland. Notices are to be distributed next week for residents that will be affected during Phase 2.