This local tax is distributed to numerous taxing bodies, including the Village of La Grange Park, Cook County, and our local schools. The Village of La Grange Park has historically had a property tax rate that is lower than that of our surrounding communities, and we are proud of the value that we provide for the money. The total tax rate for the 2013 tax year (payable in 2014) is $11.4880 / $100 of Equalized Assessed Valuation (EAV) for residents in School District 95 and $9.8310 / $100 of EAV for residents in School District 102.
In Cook County, residential property is assessed at 10% of its fair market value. The assessed value is then multiplied by the State Equalization Factor (2.6621 for 2013) to arrive at an Equalized Assessed Value (EAV).
- If you own a home worth $350,000, then your Equalized Assessed Value will be approximately $93,173.50. ($350,000 *0.10 * 2.6621).
- Your property tax bill in District 102 will be approximately $9,160 ($93,173.50*0.09831) before exemptions.
- The $9,160 tax bill is then split between the taxing bodies listed above. Based on the percentages listed above, the Village of La Grange Park receives $980 of this tax bill ($9,160 * 10.70%)
More information on your tax bill may be found at http://www.cookcountypropertyinfo.com.
|2013 Rate||% of Total Bill|
|Des Plaines Valley Mosq Abatement||0.0160||0.14%|
|Metro Water Reclamation District||0.4170||3.63%|
|La Grange Park Public Library||0.5390||4.69%|
|Park District of La Grange Park||0.3230||2.81%|
|Miscellaneous Taxes Total||1.2950|
|Community College Dist 504||0.3250||2.83%|
|Riverside-Brookfield High School 208||3.0620||26.65%|
|School District 95||4.7820||41.63%|
|School Taxes Total||8.1690|
|Village of La Grange Park||1.0520||9.16%|
|Proviso Mental Health District||0.1500||1.31%|
|Road & Bridge Proviso||0.0000||0.00%|
|General Assistance Proviso||0.0520||0.45%|
|Municipality/Township Taxes Total||1.3640|
|COOK COUNTY TAXES|
|Cook County Forest Preserve District||0.0690||0.60%|
|County of Cook||0.5600||4.87%|
|Cook County Taxes Total||0.6600|
In Cook County, property is assessed at 10% of its fair market value.
- If you own a home worth $350,000, then your assessed value will be approximately $103,971.00. (350,000 *0.10 * 2.9706).
- Your property tax bill in District 102 will be approximately $8,484.03 (103,971.00*0.0816).
- The $8,484.03 tax bill is then split between the taxing bodies listed above. Based on the percentages listed above, the Village of La Grange Park receives $909.49 of this tax bill ($8,484.03 * 10.72%).
Illinois state income tax is 5% of taxable income.
- Six percent of the total state income tax received is distributed to Illinois municipalities based on population. For fiscal year 2013-14, the Village of La Grange Park estimated that our share of the state income tax would be $1,220,000.
- For more information on Illinois income tax, see the Illinois Department of Revenue website.
The federal government charges an income tax to United States citizens. Tax rates vary based on income levels. For more information about the federal tax rate, see the IRS website.
The sales tax rate in La Grange Park is 8.00% which is distributed as follows:
5% to State of Illinois
1% to La Grange Park
0.75% to Cook County
1.25% to RTA
However, qualifying food, drug, and medical appliances are only taxed at a 2.25% rate with 1.00% going to the Village and 1.25% going to RTA.
Every purchase made in La Grange Park helps support La Grange Park. Be sure to shop local!
Motor Fuel Tax
This State tax is applied to purchases of gasoline and is imposed for the privilege of operating motor vehicles on public highways and recreational watercraft on waterways in Illinois. The Motor Fuel Tax is collected by the state and redistributed to municipalities based on population. The Village of La Grange Park estimated Motor Fuel Tax revenues for the 2014/15 budget year to be $320,000. This revenue must be kept separate from the General Fund and used only for road related expenses.