New Resident Packet
The Village is always excited to welcome new residents. We understand that moving to a new community presents many challenges. The Village Board and Village staff are here to assist you in your transition. In an effort to help residents settle in and better acquaint themselves with all that La Grange Park has to offer, the Village offers a New Resident Welcome Packet. The packet includes information on Village services and regulations, local businesses, the Community Park District, the La Grange Park Public Library, the surrounding Cook County Forest Preserves and much more. Please stop by Village Hall to pick up a copy or call us at 708-354-0225 for more information.
Helpful Info for New Residents
Welcome! We are excited that you chose La Grange Park to call home!
We've put together a "Resident 101" list below for your convenience. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, we are here for you, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Overnight Parking: Vehicles may not park on any street within the Village between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. Residents may request up to 4 overnight parking permissions per vehicle within any 30 day period. Please visit our Parking Page for more information.
- Vehicle Stickers: All vehicles are required to purchase and display a Village Vehicle Sticker no later than October 31st. Open sales start at the beginning of September through October 31st. Outside of this time frame a late fee has been added. However, new residents have a sixty day grace period from the date that they move in to the Village. Online services do not account for this grace period, please contact our Finance Department for assistance or email email@example.com. Stickers are $35 per vehicle and proof of the move in date is required (closing papers, lease agreement, moving receipt). For more information: http://www.lagrangepark.org/178/Vehicle-Licenses
- Dog Licenses: All dogs in the Village require registration. For more information: http://www.lagrangepark.org/175/Dog-Licenses
- Lake Shore Recycling Services (LRS): provides refuse/recycling collection for the Village. Please contact them directly to set up services at 773.685.8811. https://www.lrsrecycles.com/lagrangepark/
- LRS Brochure
- Water Service (Utility Application) – please complete a Utility Application to set up a water service account for your address. The water bills are delivered quarterly. For more information and to download an application: http://www.lagrangepark.org/180/Water-Sewer-Billing
- Sirens: The sirens atop of the Village Hall and Fire Station #2 are used for tornado warnings. The siren will sound at a very high pitch for about three minutes. The siren is tested the first Tuesday of every month at 10:00 a.m. When you hear the tornado siren at any other time, you should seek cover immediately and turn on your radio or television for weather bulletins. The Village does not give an “all clear” alarm.
Additionally, we encourage residents to sign up for E-Briefs, Safety Briefs, and Rave Smart 911 Emergency Alerts.
- Village E-Briefs: A weekly email with helpful information and a great way to stay connected. You can sign up on our website under the “How Do I” tab.
- Rave Smart 911 Alerts: http://www.lagrangepark.org/326/Rave-Smart-911
- Safety Briefs: A weekly email sent out by our Police Department. To be added to this email list, please contact Braunty Baum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rose Clippings: The Village mails out a quarterly newsletter to every home in the Village. The newsletters are also archived on our website. To see previous editions of our Rose Clippings visit http://www.lagrangepark.org/411/Resident-Newsletter
- Village Street Map:
Other Useful Websites:
- Community Park District of La Grange Park: https://www.communityparkdistrict.org/
- La Grange Park Public Library: https://www.lplibrary.org/
- La Grange Park Chamber of Commerce: http://www.lagrangeparkchamber.org/
- Forest Preserves of Cook County – La Grange Park Woods (map of trails) https://fpdcc.com/places/locations/lagrange-park-woods/